ICCE’s 2017 End-of-Summer Essay & Photo Contest begins on August 1st, 2017, at 0:01AM (PDT) and ends on August 14th, 2017, at 11:59PM (PDT). By submitting an entry, each contestant agrees to the rules of the contest described below.
WHO MAY ENTER:
All ICCE participants regardless of the type of J-1 program they are/were if their programs are/were taking place either entirely OR partially between May 1st, 2017 and August 14th, 2017.
WHAT TO ENTER:
It’s simple! Choose one of the following topics and write an essay.
- Why I love the J-1 program
- Be a tour guide! Describe the best attractions you visited during your program and why you would recommend them to others – future J-1 participants.
- Biggest cultural differences between my home country and America I discovered during my program
- Why I think my host company is the best!
- Thank you, ICCE!
- Essay should be minimum 500 words long, written in English and accompanied by a minimum of 10 photos, submitted as a Microsoft Word document or PowerPoint Presentation (not PDF, or JPEG).
- Essay should include your name (English characters), name of the host company and your program dates.
- Photos should be submitted as separate files with proper file names.
- You should be in the majority of the photos you submit (at a minimum in 6 of them). You may submit more than 10 photos.
- Submission should be visually appealing
Please note: we love pictures and you can submit as many as you want but it is the quality of the overall entry that we will be evaluating, not the length of it or the number of photos you submit.
** Any entries that have been selected for the ICCE monthly contest in the past will not be eligible for this contest
** Any entries that do not meet the terms and details instructed in this document will not be accepted
** August Monthly Contest will be replaced by this contest.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Entries must be submitted through our online management system in the same way you join our monthly cultural activity contest:
- Website address: http://www.icceusa.com/ims/ (-> Cultural Activity section)
- Your ID: Your email address on your DS7002
- Temporary Password (if you have not changed it yet): icceusa
There are no limits to the number of contest entries one person may submit!
August 14th, 11:59 pm Pacific Time
Winner: $200 VISA gift card
2nd place: $100 VISA gift card
3rd place: $50 VISA gift card
In addition, we will be giving away $10 Starbucks gift cards to the first 5 constants who do not make it to the top 3. Submit your essay early and get a chance to win a Starbucks gift card!
On September 1st ICCE will announce the contest winners on our Facebook page. ICCE will also notify each winner via email.