Summer Work Travel

Paid Working Holiday Opportunities in the USA

Wonderful opportunity to gain your first work experience and experience life in America at the same time!

ICCE offers international students an amazing opportunity to live and work in the U.S. during their official university summer break. While working for an American company, you will have the chance to earn money, learn the American culture and customs, meet new people, and establish long lasting relationships with Americans as well as with other program participants from countries all over the world. As an official U.S. Department of State designated sponsor for the BridgeUSA Programs, ICCE is authorized to issue the DS-2019 Form that is necessary for you to apply for the J-1 Visa in the Summer Work Travel category.

Program Purpose

The Summer Work Travel Program allows college and university students who are enrolled and pursuing studies outside the United States to come to the U.S. to share their culture and ideas with the American people through temporary work and travel opportunities.

Our Service Includes:

  • Issuance of Form DS-2019
  • Program orientation and information for both you and your employer
  • Eligibility screening of your employer
  • Coordination of your health insurance
  • Preparation for your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy
  • Pre-departure orientation packet
  • Post arrival orientation
  • 24 hours emergency hotline
  • Program evaluation and monitoring throughout your program in the U.S.

Program Options

  • Self-arranged Placement: for prospective participants who have already found a U.S. based employer and have a job offer ready
  • Full Placement: for prospective participants who need ICCE’s assistance with searching for an employer that is eligible to hire Summer Work Travel participants

Program Length

This program is 3 to 4 months long depending on the country you are from and the length of your university semester break.

Program Requirements

Summer Work Travel Students must be foreign nationals:

  • Who are 18 years old or older;
  • Who are students enrolled in and actively pursuing a degree or other full-time course of study at an accredited, classroom based, post-secondary educational institution outside the United States;
  • Who have successfully completed at least one semester or equivalent of post-secondary academic study;
  • Who are able to demonstrate sufficient funding to cover their travel and living expenses;
  • Who have sufficient English skills to train in an English speaking environment;
  • Who understand the program purpose and have no intention to change their visa status while in the United States; and
  • Who agree to apply for the J-1 Visa in their home country. ICCE does not allow applicants to change status to the J-1 visa.

Get Started

Interested in applying for this program as a participant? Please submit the participant inquiry form here.