Published by: ICCE
Check out the details for our End of Summer Contest! This is our biggest contest yet- we are giving away $450 worth of prizes!
Contest Details and Terms
ICCE’s 2015 End-of-Summer Essay & Photo Contest begins September 3rd, 2015 and ends September 21st, 2015 at 11:59PM Pacific Time (PDT). By submitting an entry, each contestant agrees to the rules of the contest described below.
Who May Enter:
All ICCE participants regardless of the type of J-1 program they are/were if their programs are /were taking place either entirely OR partially between May 1st, 2015 and September 30th, 2015. This includes:
– Summer Work Travel, Internship or Training program participants
– Participants whose program sponsor is AAG, CENET or Spirit who applied for the program through ICCE. This includes participants whom ICCE did not provide a placement to;
– Participants who are currently on the program
– Participants who are no longer in the US but their program took place between the dates mentioned above
**ICCE will determine contestants eligibility based on the above conditions.
What to Enter:
1. It’s simple! Choose on one of the following topics and write an essay on it!
2. Why I love the J-1 program
3. Be a tour guide! Describe the best attractions you visited during your program and why you would recommend them to others-future J-1 participants
4. Biggest cultural differences between my home country and America I discovered during my program
5. Why I think my host company is the best!
6. Thank you, ICCE
– Essay should be minimum 500 words long, written in English and accompanied by a minimum of 10 photos, submitted as a Microsoft Word document or PowerPoint Presentation
– Essay should include your name (English characters), name of the host company and your program dates
– Photos should be included in the essay and not submitted as separate files
– You should be in the majority of the photos you submit (at a minimum in 6 of them).
**Please note: we love pictures and you can submit as many as you want but it is the quality of the overall entry that we will be evaluating not the length of it or the number of photos you submit
– Submission should be visually appealing
– Entries must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or shared on Dropbox
There are no limits to the number of contest entries one person may submit!
Entry Deadline: September 21st, 2015 @11:59 PM Pacific Time
- Winner: Sony AZIV HD Mini Action Cam
- 2nd place: $100 VISA gift card
- 3rd place: $50 VISA gift card
In addition, we will be giving away $10 Starbucks gift cards to the first 10 contestants who do not make it to the top 3. Submit your essay early and get a chance to win a Starbucks gift card!
*On special request we can substitute the Starbucks gift card for a VISA gift card.
9/24, on Facebook page @facebook.com/ICCEUSA
ICCE will also notify each winner via e-mail.